Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 Days of Photos--Day 7

A picture of my most treasured possession.

Which just happens to be....

...in a box....

...somewhere in the garage....

Yes, that's right it still isn't unpacked from August.  Mostly because this house it too small for all of Matt and I's crap with the crap of two other people as well.  That, and I think Tank would try to eat it.  Or rather, them.

My most prized possession(s) is my Granny's collection of elephants.  She collected elephants from around the country and the world.  My Grandpa made the military his career so they had the opportunity to see so many different places.  After he retired, they continued to travel the world throughout the years.

Granny Barb passed Valentine's Day of my freshmen year of high school.  It was a very difficult time for me.  Grandpa Del joined her October 2009.  This past summer, their daughters finally had the heart to go through the house.  They said everyone could take an elephant or two.  Matt and I came back several times for little stuff we could use around the house or to pick stuff up for mom.  The last time we went to get the washer and drier, L said that if we wanted anything else to get it because she was having people come out to get ready for an estate sale.  I walked into the living room and saw the majority of Granny Barb's elephants still in their places.  Without thinking I grabbed a box and told L that I couldn't stand to see them sold off.  Matt and I carefully packed the elephants into multiple (yes, multiple) boxes.

Now they sit in those boxes until I can find a shelf that will do them justice and keep them out of Tank's mouth.  So I leave you with a picture of an elephant in place of the actual collection, since showing you a picture of a box is just quite boring.



Love!!!

No comments: