Saturday, June 4, 2011

30 Days of Photos--Day 2

A picture of me and the person I have been closest with the longest.  Oddly enough, this person is the reason I am late posting this tonight.  He's asleep on my couch as I type!

My brother and I used to not be close.  When we were young we fought all the time.  Like physically fought.  I threw him head first into the side of our brick house a few times... yeah... not the best big sister there for awhile.

After we moved to Fort Gibson, Bubba and I became close.  Mostly because neither of us wanted to live there.  He watched me go through a lot of shit in high school.  He took up for me more times than I can count.  Even made a girl cry when she called me a bitch.  It was actually quite hilarious watch him cuss this girl up one side and down the other, ending with "and that's why you're a whore" or something to that affect.  I fell over laughing.  It was great.

Now he's all grown up.  Well... sorta... he'll still be my baby brother until after we die.  He's my best friend in the whole world.  I wish I could be more of a help to him right now with everything he's going through.  I want to protect him from all the negative things out there.  And there are quite a few extra of those things in the Bible Belt at times.

I hope he knows that I will always be here for him.  I will never judge him.  In my eyes, he can do no wrong (ok yes he can, but still).  He is my favorite person in the world.  I love him more than he will ever know.

I was going to have something witty to say to end this but I'm almost asleep and don't want to wake Bubba up.  Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Love!!!

No comments: