Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today was my first day off in two weeks.  It was soooo nice to have a day off!!  I was going to try to get things done around the house like cleaning the bathroom and laundry.  It seems like I can never get the things done that I want/need to on my rare days off.

So instead of cleaning, I went and played my first actual game of Frisbee golf.  So much harder than it looks!!  I haven't gotten up the courage to tally up my score yet.  I do know that my score on the front nine was horrendous but it got better on the back nine.  I never hit par on any of them, but I did bogey a few.  And by a few, I mean very few haha.  I did have a lot of fun with the boys.  I also realized that I don't really like the disc Matt bought for me.  Thankfully he does!

We were supposed to go play at new course a few hours later, but after a 3 hour first game I was exhausted.  I decided to let Matt have boy bonding time and watch a million more episodes of The Vampire Diaries.  It was a successful day, even if I didn't do anything productive.  Unless you count a 3 hour walk and playing sport during said walk as something productive.

We FINALLY got rain on Sunday.  We needed it so badly.  Unfortunately it rained and rained and rained.  So many places flooded.  The pond at the disc golf course was way up.  My brother has a picture of the bayou near my parents' house.  It's completely flooded!
This road is a good 20 foot longer than this.
The river we float on near by is up further than I have ever seen it.  You can read the news story about it here.  I have uploaded the video from a news story about it.

It's crazy what weather can do.  In fact, my front yard now looks like this
Ok, so maybe not exactly like this but pretty damn close.  It was getting bad before the rain but now it's growing exponentially.  We need a lawn mower badly.  That, however, takes extra money which as just about everybody knows, is hard to come by in this economy.  Meh, we'll eventually figure something out.  Until then, the dogs can have fun exploring this strange jungle we call a yard.

Bleh, I have to be up and at work at 6am so I should probably get off here!  Goodnight!!!

Love!!

No comments: