Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baked Catfish

I don't have a picture of this one, but it is absolutely amazing!

I grew up eating fried catfish in small town Oklahoma.  When I started high school my father started baking it occasionally.  He also grilled it, but we don't have a grill.  When I think of fish, I always think spring and summer camping and fishing trips.

Here's what you need:
several fillets of catfish (or other fish you enjoy)
Butter
1 Lemon
lemon pepper
salt
baking sheet

Here's what you do:
Thoroughly rinse the fish
Spray the baking sheet with nonstick spray (I prefer Pan vegetable spray), lay fillets out flat
Preheat oven to 350
Melt butter in microwave (how much you use depends on your preferences and how much fish you use)
Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice out of one half into the melted butter.  Thinly slice the other half.
Using a basting brush (or spoon if you don't have the brush) lightly cover the fish in the lemon butter mixture.
Sprinkle lemon butter over the fish (I use a grinder).
Very lightly sprinkle salt over the fish (just enough to enhance the flavor, not over power it)
Place a lemon slice on top of each fillet.
Bake for 20 minutes.

The seasoning is all to your personal tastes.  I prefer moist fish, so I put more of the lemon butter mixture on it.  Matt likes it drier so I add less of the mixture.

Not only is this very tasty, but if you don't add too much butter it is very health for you as well.

Enjoy!!

No comments: