I've been in serious need of a pick-me-up. Shopping yesterday helped somewhat as did girl time with my new gossip buddy Trey. I still have a lot to do to get back to my sassy-ass self, but I think this challenge is the kick in the pants I really need right now.
CiaoMom created a Things I like About Me challenge and I'm more than happy to rack my brain for this one.
So without further ado I give you Things I Like About Myself:
- My ability to talk to just about anyone. It has gotten me through some hellish days at work. I can find anything to talk about, as long as the person isn't a brick wall.
- My tiny hands. I get made fun of for having child-sized hands, but I love them. My fingers are somewhat chubby for the size of my hands, but it adds to them I think.
- My junk-in-tha-trunk. I love the way jeans fit around my rear and the looks I get for it. It makes me feel good when I know someone actually agrees with me on what is attractive (none of that stick figure crap, no offense if you are just not my cup of tea).
- My bleeding heart. I know this sounds like a bad thing, but it makes me who I am. Especially when it comes to animals. If it wasn't for this, I doubt I would have gotten Tank. He was so pitiful and left alone without his brothers and sisters because of a herniated umbilical that no one wanted to pay to have looked at. It didn't cost a damn thing! Well other than some neosporin and a bandaid. My little man is my big strong protector and I couldn't ask for a better companion.
- My love of music. I have a very wide taste in music, so I can find something for almost any situation.
- My tolerance for things considered "not natural" or taboo or whatever in the Bible Belt. I've never had a problem with the way another person decides to live their life (unless it's hurting other people of course). I've never had a problem with people of different religions or ethnicities or sexualities. I wasn't exactly raised this way, but I wasn't raised to think badly of them either. My parents seemed to keep their ideals to themselves to let Bubba and I create our own ideals.
- The fact that I'm a country girl. I have no problem getting dirty, being out fishing or sweating outside (unless it's super duper hot like now), and exploring the world around me. I love to camp, fish, hike, and all that jazz. I'm one of the boys most of the time.
- My sassy attitude. I'm gonna steal a description I recently heard about someone else here. I feel like the only way to describe my personality is to say look at a Lisa Frank product. That's me: colorful, everywhere, and odd. I have a spunk and a mouth on me that really can't be compared to anyone I know.
- How honest I am. While I may very lightly sugarcoat something extremely rough, I don't lie. I'll tell you what I think and if you're being a dumb ass. I have no problem telling people off when they need it.
- My protective streak. I am very protective of those I love. You don't mess with my family or friends without fear of retribution. I'm very passive-aggressive about it though, so you won't even notice until it's too late.
- I'm a new generation hippie. I go barefoot, hug trees, save the whales, and prefer handmade and freetrade things.
As hard as this was, it wasn't too bad. It may have given me a momentary boost that is much needed.
True Blood helped tonight too. I really identify with Sookie and Tara at times. One seems to always have some sort of drama and the other is a firecracker with a short fuse, both of which describe my life. The end kinda pissed me off though. Stupid books have me expecting one thing and something else happens... This is what I get for reading most of the books before the series even started...
Off to bed now for me! Um... well... actually I'm just gonna lay down on the couch I'm currently on and try to pass out. Gotta stay coooool!!!
Have a wonderful week!!
Oh!! I forgot, never pat a pancake while cooking because it releases the air in the middle and makes them gluey! I didn't know that until tonight.