Sunday, January 30, 2011

30 Days of Truth--Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know

This topic is rather difficult.  There are many people I wish I hadn't met in my life but I know that even the littlest change could change my present.  However, there is one person that I think what little influence they could have possibly had would not change my current happiness.

In high school there was a girl that seemed to thrive on the drama she caused others.  She would pretend to be friends with you one day and stab you in the back the next.  She often times would tell people she was pregnant with the child of another girl's boyfriend.  Her favorite target seemed to be me.  She would tell people I was cheating on my boyfriend, that I bad mouthed my good friends, that I was a slut (with fake stories), that sort of thing. 

The day my grandmother died she told everyone, including myself, that I deserved for her to die.  She said I was a horrible person.

My high school career was drama filled because of the things she would say about me.  I wanted to leave Fort Gibson so badly that my mother considered leaving her excellent new job just to get me out of there.  The treatment that her rumors got me led me to contemplate and even attempt suicide a few times.  Graduating was the best thing I ever did for myself there.

No comments: