Monday, November 28, 2011

Two Days

Two days... 

Two days until they cut into Meme's head...

Two days until they cut into Meme's head and roto-rooter her main artery...

I was finally given a date for Meme's surgery: Tuesday.  I'm more nervous than she is, I think.  I'm not entirely sure how to deal with the thought of this. 

A lil background...

Meme is my paternal grandmother, and the only grandparent I have left.  When I was younger, I spent the majority of my summers in Tulsa at her house.  We'd go swimming, shopping, camping, watch movies, cook, read, take walks, and just sit and talk.

She basically raised my brother and I for half of our childhood.  I don't know what I would do if I lost her.  Not now.

A little over two years ago, my mother's uncle died.  He treated my brother and I like we were grandchildren.  He was, in fact, the only grandfather we really knew on that side of the family.  It was very sudden.  One month we were told he had to have a mucus ball removed from his lung, and not much later we were visiting him in the hospital as he was dying of lung cancer.  It took until the following July for his daughters to start going through the house.  I ended up with many of his wife's elephants that she has spent her life collecting from around the world.  Granny Barb had died several years before that from the same type of lung cancer.

I say all this to explain why I wouldn't be able to handle a bad outcome.  I only just recently found out about her issues, so I still haven't quite gotten over the initial shock.  She means the world to me.  I'd lose it if I lost her.

Bubba and Meme


Prayers, thoughts, good juju, whatever you do and believe in would be much appreciated.

Love!!

No comments: