Thursday, November 17, 2011

My bad you guys...

It has been a really difficult few months for me.  First, I started living on my own for the first time ever.  Taking care of myself and two pups is challenging but I like it.  My neighbors are for the most part all really nice.  I just wish some of them wouldn't party until 6 in the morning on random nights of the week.  The pups like it.

Unfortunately now I have to deal with the fact that my Meme is going to have brain surgery soon.  If I wasn't alone so much, it wouldn't really be that difficult, but I've never had to deal with big things like that on my own.  Apparently my parents have known that she hasn't been doing well for awhile.  The main artery in her brain is blocked and causing her to have blackouts.  I've been told the surgery is fairly routine, at least when it comes to brain surgery.  I'm still in a little bit of shock.  Sadly, I've been somewhat drinking my worries away lately.  I'm in good company so I haven't been going completely crazy, but I know it's not how I should be dealing. 

I have a few stories for you guys, but I thought I would just give you this quick update before I leave town to go see my Meme.  I think I may end up having to create an anonymous blog for those stories though.  If I do, I'll email the link to those that are interested.

After this weekend, I'm going to start that feature I mentioned months ago: random things around the metro area.  Not sure what I'm going to call it yet, but I have saved up enough pictures that it should last awhile.

Hope everyone is having a happy fall.

Love!!

2 comments:

THE SARCASM GODDESS said...

Hey girl. I've missed you. Praying your Meme's surgery goes well. *hugs*

Miss Allie said...

Thanks love, I found out Friday that they are trying to schedule her for emergency surgery this week sometime. I may end up getting fired from work for it, but I'm going to be there before they put her under. No job is worth not seeing her, just in case ya know?